When you go to see a Pixar movie, you know you’re in for a treat from the very beginning. That’s because they always show a beloved Pixar short film. From La Luna to Piper to Lava, I have loved all of them. Kids of all ages will also love Lou, the newest Pixar short that plays in front of Cars 3. I got the chance to listen to a presentation from Director Dave Mullins & Producer Dana Murray and I can’t wait to share a bit more with you about Lou!
- Pixar Shorts have three guidelines: Heart, Settings, Animation.
- Dave Mullins has been pitching shorts since 2005. He pitched the story of Lou in 2012.
- When Dave pitched Lou to John Lasseter, he said it looked like a pain to animate. Dave knew then he had to do it!
- The whole team then focused on Lou, the main character and how to animate it.
- JJ was inspired by the look of Jonah Bobo in Crazy, Stupid, Love.
- Most Pixar shorts don’t have as many “characters” as Lou does.
- They re-purposed a lot of the kids at recess from other Pixar movies.
- Dave Mullins worked on Lou for 4 years! It was such a process, he felt numb when it was finally finished.
- Chris Beck, the composer for Frozen was also the composer for Lou.
- Lou will be the only red thing you see in the entire film.
- Lou is dedicated to Dave Mullins’ Dad.
- There are some shout-outs to classic films like E.T. – what did you catch?
Lou is only in theaters before Cars 3!
Above photos taken by MomStart.com.
Cars 3 in Theaters Now!
Cars 3 races into theaters THIS Friday, June 16th! You’ll want to bring the whole family because I know that kids – and adults – of all ages will love it.
Thank you so much to Disney and Pixar for bringing me to Anaheim for this fun event!