Mealtime with our kids has always been an adventure into the middle of a dense jungle and cleaning up is like trying to find our way out. We’ve tried lots of different kinds of plates in an attempt to keep them from rocking the plate and eventually launching it off the highchair tray. And when we are out it seems they are faster than a bullride at throwing their sippy cup to the floor and it always lands with the sipper touching the gross floor. That’s why I was extra excited when mOmma contacted me to review their line of toddler feeding products.
The Non-Spill Cup and the Cup with Straw:
- Round ergonomic shape The round shapes have been specially designed to make the grip easier for your baby’s tiny hands.
- Safe and hygienic The bottle rocks happily but it always remains upright.
- Rocking The rocking movement is one of babies’ favourite games. It entertains them during mealtime and stimulates their reactivity and concentration.
- Latest technology non-spill system The modern non-spill system, made of semi-rigid material, encourages baby to move on from soft teats to rigid cups. The non-spill system delivers the liquid only when the baby sucks.
- Protective cover The cover thoroughy seals the non-spill mouth, thus ensuring maximum hygiene even when you carry it around.
- The single grip helps baby to naturally move on to normal cups and glasses.
The Developmental Meal Set:
- Warm Meal Hot water is poured into the plate through a special hole to keep food warm during mealtime.
- Taste differentiation The plate is divided into two compartments to separate different foods so that baby can experience various tastes.
- Wide base The wide and round base makes the product perfectly stable, thus avoiding tipping.
- Non-slip The special rubber coating assures perfect adhesion to the surfaces of tables and high chairs.
Soft Spoon & Fork:
- Round ergonomic shape The round shape has been specially designed to make the grip easier for baby’s tiny hands.
- Hygienic The fork rocks happily but it always remains upright. The point of suction never comes into contact with the surfaces of tables or highchairs, thus guaranteeing maximum hygiene.
- Safe The two-pronged fork is round to ensure maximum safety.
- Roly-Poly The Roly-Poly movement is one of babies’ favourite games. It entertains them during mealtime and stimulates their reactivity and concentration.
How safe are mOmma products?
- All mOmma products are carefully tested before distribution by the relevant officially recognised bodies.
- These bodies check that the product complies to precise safety standards and authorize their distribution by issuing a certificate that is available request.
- mOmma only distributes certified products. In Europe EN and in the US ASTM, we also have Russian, Japanese and other certifications available.
- mOmma products do not contain bisphenol A (BPA) or PVC or Phtalate or any toxic substance. mOmma products are made of the best first class quality material.
Our youngest is 16 months old and really into doing everything herself. The Warm Plate is actually a really great concept-not one that we will use every time, of course. But the addition of the warm water in the base kept her dinner warm when she was taking more of a laid back approach to eating. She also seemed to like the separation of different kinds of food and the high sides allowed her to “trap” the food along the side and then onto the utensil instead of just sliding off the plate, as illustrated by the picture of jambalaya below.
The mOmma Fork and Soft Spoon are great too. They really do always land right side up and they certainly keep her occupied when she loses interest in eating with the roly-poly motion! The utensils are marked for ages 6+ months although I think the ball part of the utensils might be cumbersome for the tinier hands to grip. They were the perfect size for my baby to grip solidly and manipulate easily. They come with handy covers for easy travel.
mOmma took the rounded bottom concept to their cups as well. When I first saw the No-Spill Cup & Cup with Straw I wasn’t sure they were going to work. They look really wide and super round. The kiddo had no problems with it though. She picked up the non-spill cup and went right to work. This cup has seen a lot of time in the air and then on the ground and it is fascinating to watch it fall. I think we are going to start a betting pool to see if the sipper ever lands on the ground. The Non-Spill Cup comes with a lid for travel and the Cup with Straw has a handy sliding mechanism that shuts the straw inside the lid when you push it to the side.
mOmma really hit it out of the park with this line of toddler feeding products. They seem to be solidly built and of very good quality. The colors are bright and fun and the materials are soft. I have a sense of calm when they are in use because I know when the fork or cup inevitably hit the floor they’ll still be clean on the side that is SUPPOSED to go in their mouths!
One very lucky Sippy Cup Mom reader will win their choice of the Developmental Meal Set or Non-Spill Cup!
Disclosure: I received the above products to facilitate my review. All opinions are honest and my own.