I had so much fun writing Monday Musings last week! We’ve had a busy week and a lot to share with you today!
Doing All The Stuff
All of a sudden it was August and I felt like we hadn’t done anything this summer. Which of course isn’t true, but I decided to stuff some things to do in the first 2 weeks of August before school starts. We had fun at the pool, the St. Louis Science Center, a Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate tour and a special trip to Build-A-Bear for Hayden.
What I’m Reading
I finished After You, the sequel to Me Before You. It was a satisfying sequel and unlike the previous book didn’t leave me a sobbing mess at the end. I just finished up Truly Madly Guilty by one of my favorite authors Liane Moriarty. (Anyone else besides me think of Sherlock when I hear that name?) Unfortunately, this book let me down. I didn’t like the choppy way of writing. If I had known what happened at the beginning of the book, I would have been able to connect to the characters more.
What I’m Watching
By myself, I’m still watching Gilmore Girls. I’m finally on season 6 and I can’t believe the ending is close. I figure I should be able to finish the series in a few weeks. I am going to miss the people of Stars Hollow but at least I’ll be reunited with them in a few months when 4 episodes come to Netflix. I’ll need a new show to watch although my husband and I did start watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt which I have to admit is pretty funny!
I wanted to share some fun things I’ve found recently!
- I’m pretty obsessed with GroopDealz and have spending WAY too much money over there. I love all of these cheap prints and want to buy a ton for my someday office and I’m also loving all of the kid’s Halloween items they have already! Yay, fall!
- This Back to School Interview printable from Mom Endeavors is fun – I’m going to print one for Hayden this year!
- This post entitled “This Stage of Life? It’s Hard” hit ME hard. Such a good read for us mamas.
- We are geeking out over the trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – have you watched it yet? Wait until you see the end!
- I’m totally willing to cool off with these Frozen Vodka Lemonade Pops from My Crazy Good Life – what about you? Speaking of pops – check out my recipe for Kahula Coffee Ice Pops! It’s totally okay to have these for breakfast!
Until next Monday…..have a great week!