With the holidays approaching, things in the household can get very busy and very hectic!
This holiday season, Underwriters Laboratories (UL) has teamed up with The Muppets to talk about how to put safety first!
Kermit the Frog, along with Dr. Honeydew Bunsen and his assistant Beaker, filmed a video at UL Labs advising families to brush up on their holiday safety!
Check out some of these fun videos, which answers important questions like:
How often should I water my tree?
How do I know my lights are safe to use?
What is the best way to hang my lights?
Make sure to check out all of The Muppets safety videos!
Also, make sure to read The 12 Days of Holiday Safety!
- Day 1: Talk to your kids about safety. Teach them not to touch electric lights, cords or decorations.
- Day 2: Read an article on SafetyAtHome.com on ladder safety before you hang decorations.
- Day 3: Examine your lights for wear – kids can help point out unlit bulbs, but they shouldn’t handle the strands.
- Day 4: If you have a tree, set a family tree-watering plan and let your kids participate if they’re old enough.
- Day 5: Check your holiday decorations to make sure that they are not a choking hazard.
- Day 6: Turn pot handles inward when cooking to avoid being grabbed by kids.
- Day 7: Review your fire escape plan. Did your holiday decorations block any essential exits?
- Day 8: Learn what a UL Mark looks like and teach your kids to find them on products.
- Day 9: If you are using candles and matches during the holidays, check to be sure they are stored in a locked cabinet or well away from children.
- Day 10: Test your smoke alarm. Need new batteries? Replace them.
- Day 11: Recycle wrapping paper into cards or tags and use again.
- Day 12: Recycle your tree at a local recycling center. You can search for one near you at www.earth911.com.