“I’m having a bad, bad day” and “Oh, YEAH” are two phrases that you will commonly hear around our house. Despicable Me is one of our family’s favorite movies so you can imagine our excitement when Despicable Me 2 came out into theaters. Now, its available on on Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack and it’s the perfect movie to enjoy this holiday season with the family!
Gru, his adorable girls, and the mischievous Minions are back with a cast of unforgettable new characters in the blockbuster sequel to the worldwide phenomenon. Just as Gru has given up being super-bad to be a super-dad, the Anti-Villain League recruits him to track down a new criminal mastermind and save the world. Partnered with secret agent Lucy Wilde, Gru, along with the wildly unpredictable Minions, must figure out how to keep his cover while also keeping up with his duties as a father.
The Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack is full of great bonus features that both parents and kids will enjoy!
- Three All-New Mini-Movies Starring the Minions—Introduced by Gru
- Panic in the Mailroom
- Training Wheels
- The Making of the Mini-Movies—A fun-filled take on the making of the mini-movies through the eyes of the artists who made them.
- Deleted Scene
- The Minions—A visit to Illumination Entertainment in Paris and Los Angeles to hear what it’s really like to work with the Minions.
- Evil Minions—Bigger, badder and more purple than ever, the newest and fiercest addition to the Minion species can chew through metal and swallow a car. Find out more about the process that led to their creation and design.
- A Gru-Some Transformation—A sit-down with Steve Carell as he discusses the transformation of Gru from the ultimate super-villain to super-dad and international spy.
- El Hombre Malo: The Villainy Of El Macho—Every great story needs a good villain, and Despicable Me 2 brings on the diabolico in the form of El Macho! Learn about the creation of this character and the actor who brought him to life—Benjamin Bratt.
- Gru’s Girls—Miranda Cosgrove, Elsie Kate Fisher and Dana Gaier weigh in on working with Steve Carell and playing the daughters of a world-famous super-villain!
- Gadgets Galore—Lipstick tasers, magnet ships, foam dart dispensers and jelly guns—these are the nifty gadgets of Despicable Me 2. Illumination Entertainment pulls back the curtain on what it takes to build a world that would leave even James Bond envious.
- Feature Commentary With Directors Chris Renaud & Pierre Coffin
Our Family’s Favorite Bonus Features
– Hayden, 5 years old: His favorite bonus features were definitely anything that had to do with the Minions! He loved the Minion Mini-Movies and learning a bit more about the Evil Minions.
– Dad: Dad’s favorite was definitely the feature Gadgets Galore where we got a sneak peek at all of the gadgets that are used in the movie!
– Mom: I loved the Gru’s Girls bonus feature and loved hearing how much they love working together. My husband and I also both loved the A Gru-some Transformation. We love anything to do with Steve Carell and thought this was really interesting!
We loved having a Family Movie Night to watch Despicable Me 2! The colors and clarity of the Blu-ray are fantastic and it felt like we were in the movie theater. If you’re having a Family Movie Night, check out my post on Despicable Me themed cakes and cupcakes!
Despicable Me 2 is available NOW on Blu-ray and DVD. This is a definite must have for this holiday season and would be a great stocking stuffer! Check out the fun official website of Despicable Me 2 and connect on Facebook and Twitter also.
Disclosure: I received the above product for review purposes only. All thoughts and opinions are my own.