It’s crazy but it wasn’t until last year that I started drinking coffee regularly. Before then, I could count the number of times I drank a coffee on one hand. I can pinpoint exactly when I started drinking coffee – I had twins! The first week we were home, my husband went out and bought a coffee machine and I’ve been in love ever since. My morning isn’t complete until I’ve had a cup – or two – of coffee to get me energized and start off my day right.
Today is National Coffee Day, which I know will be a widely celebrated holiday by all those coffee lovers out there. As for me, I’m celebrating with my brand new Starbucks® Verismo™ 580 Brewer from Staples. This machine is amazing. My husband was initially hesitant to try it since he thought there was nothing wrong with our old coffee machine. Um, boy was he wrong. Compared to this new machine, our old was is ancient. It took forever to make one cup of coffee and we constantly had to fill up the water for multiple cups. Not only does it look good, the Starbucks® Verismo™ 580 Brewer has so many great features.
Starbucks® Verismo™ 580 Brewer
- High-pressure brewing system heats up and is ready to make Starbucks-quality beverages in less than 15 seconds
- Integrated rinse function helps keep machine clean
- Height-adjustable drip tray accommodates different sized cups
- Auto-off activates after 5 minutes to save energy
- Easily removable water tank makes refilling simple
- Built-in used pod removal automatically moves up to 10 pods to storage for easy cleanup
- Easy to make plenty of your favorite drinks at home
- Enjoy everything from caffè lattes and espresso to brewed coffee. You can also use our milk pods for a rich, creamy hot cup of steamed milk
The Starbucks® Verismo™ 580 Brewer blew us away with how fast it brewed a cup of coffee. If there was a race between two coffee machines to brew a cup the fastest, I have no doubt this one would win. 15 seconds! Plus, it’s easy to keep the machine clean and it’s so simple to use. I’ve always loved going through the Starbucks drive-thru for a coffee pick me up, but now I’m saving money by doing it at home.
One of my favorite drinks to order at Starbucks is the Caffè Americano. With the Starbucks® Verismo™ 580 Brewer, it’s so easy to make from home. I use the Starbucks® Verismo™ Coffee Pods in Espresso Roast from Staples, mix with the hot water and have a delicious Caffè Americano – sometimes hot and sometimes iced – right at home.
I’ve recently started waking up early to get a little bit of work done before my three kids wake up. It’s so nice to sit down with a cup of coffee and breakfast and enjoy it in silence I recently made some Blueberry Streusel Muffins and I made them mini since I knew my kids would love them too. This is the perfect companion to a nice cup of coffee in the morning and they are so easy to make too.
- Muffin Ingredients
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Streusel Topping Ingredients
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together the streusel ingredients in a medium bowl with a fork. The texture should start to become like sand and crumble. Mixture should start to get crumble when you mix it.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients for the mini muffins until well combined. Slowly stir in egg,the egg and milk until well combined. Gently mix in the blueberries.
- Add the batter into your mini muffin pan. Top with streusel ingredients.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool before eating and then enjoy with a cup of coffee!
These Blueberry Streusel Mini Muffins are so good with a cup of coffee!
Win a Starbucks® Verismo™ 580 Brewer from Staples on National Coffee Day
Head over to Twitter at 9am, 12pm and pm EST and follow both @SippyCupMom and @Staples. I’ll be giving away a Starbucks® Verismo™ 580 Brewer during each hour and all you have to do is answer my question or RT the question on Twitter for a chance to win. I’m so excited about this giveaway because I know you will love the machine.
Connect with Staples
Happy National Coffee Day! How will you be celebrating?
Disclosure: A huge thanks to Staples for sending us our new favorite coffee machine. All thoughts and opinions are my own.