This is a sponsored post on behalf of The Motherhood and MiniTime. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Summer is almost here and for our family, that means lots of traveling! Whether it’s for a week or just a weekend, we like to get away for some family bonding time. Whenever I start to research a future trip, I always spend time on numerous websites making sure that there are plenty of family friendly activities to do, not to mention accommodations that are child friendly. Now, I no longer have to visit several sites to plan my family vacations, I only have to visit one – MiniTime!
MiniTime launched 6 months ago and is the first family travel site to make travel recommendations based on the ages of your children. In just once place, parents will be provided the tools to help plan, book, and share their family travel experiences.
MiniTime is free to use and browse reviews of destinations. You can also easily register via Facebook and have full access to all of the features. We plan on visiting Branson, Missouri this August so I decided to create a Trip Plan, a new MiniTime feature that allows you to create custom vacation itineraries. I absolutely loved this concept and it was so easy to use and share with my husband so he could see it too.
Once I search for our destination, I was able to input the ages of my children, how long we would be gone for and the total number of travelers on the trip. You even have the option of making the trip private or public.
Planning your trip is easy when you use the interactive Trip Planner. It allows you to drag and drop places to see, stay, and eat into your interactive itinerary like I did below.
I was able to search through attractions, accommodations and restaurants and then add them to my Trip Planner. Even though we visit Branson frequently, I came across lots of places that we haven’t visited before. I liked seeing the ratings that places were given in relevance of my kid’s ages in addition to reviews and photos submitted by parents who have been there, done that. You can also print up your Trip Plan or access it via mobile which is great while you’re on the go!
Why MiniTime is Perfect for Parents
MiniTime conducted a survey on family travel and found:
- In 90% of households, moms are the key decision makers for vacations
- One in three parents consult more than nine online resources
- More than half of parents are spending nine or more hours planning a vacation
- 63% of parents would like to save time by researching and booking on the same website
- 88% of parents trust recommendations from parents with kids the same ages
- 65% trust sites offering comparative pricing from multiple online travel agents
Favorite Features of MiniTime
– Over 1000 hand-picked destinations, accommodations and attractions, recommended for your family based on the ages of your kids
– Printable games and activity sheets for kids
– Printable packing lists specific for your type of trip (road trip, beach vacation, etc!)
– Reviews from parents with kids the same age as yours
– Daily map with turn-by-turn directions to guide families on their way, as well as a journal, calendar and the ability to store family photos.
Learn More at the MiniTime Twitter Party
Make sure to join me at the #MiniTime Twitter Party on Thursday, June 6th at 1pm EST. We’ll be chatting about summer travel, facts, tips and more! Four winners will receive a $75 VISA gift card and a MiniTime hoodie. One grand prize winner will receive a $100 VISA gift card and a MiniTime hoodie.
TweetGrid for the Party: http://bit.ly/11j7vQP
I’m a huge fan of MiniTime and I know this is going to be by go-to website for planning all of our future family vacations. Where are you headed this summer?