How Far Along:
26 weeks, 3 Days! I found out last week that I am measuring 32 weeks, yikes!
Total Weight Gain:
Up 13 pounds.
How Big Are The Babies?
At our ultrasound last week, Baby A was weighing 1 pound, 10 ounces and Baby B was weighing 1 pound, 12 ounces! Great weights for twins!
SWEETS! I am craving sweets and ice cream all the time and really need to learn to stay away from them!
Nothing in particular!
– Exhaustion: I’m still really tired. I’ll get spurts of energy but they don’t last too long.
– Sciatica: I’m having bad sciatic pain on my left side which will stop me dead in my tracks if I’m out and about. So I’ve got the waddle and limp going on sometimes.
– Heavy belly: Even though I’ve only gained 13 pounds so far, my belly is very heavy and very LOW. I need to look into getting a maternity support belt.
We had an ultrasound last week with my MFM in addition to an office visit and everything looked great. Baby A is breech and Baby B is transverse. They still have time to flip but hopefully it will be in the next few weeks or they start running out of room! Our next ultrasound is an echocardiogram later this month and then another growth ultrasound the week after that. Starting around 29 weeks, I’ll be getting either weekly or every 2 week growth ultrasounds to make sure they are growing at the same pace.
How is Hayden Reacting?
Hayden is still excited about the girls coming! He is constantly picking out toys for them at the store.
This Week, We’re Talking About…
– The Twins room! I think we are going to go with a Cinderella themed room – I’ll have to do another post with all of the stuff we have found so far!
– Cloth Diapers: I think we are definitely going to do it. I don’t want to start until they are about 2 months old though, which I know is silly. But I want to get into a good routine of having the twins and Hayden home before I start something I’m totally unfamiliar with. We have started building our stash though – I’d love to hear what you use!
Last week, I had 2 appointments. I saw my high risk doctor (MFM) where we did the ultrasound. I also saw my OB that week where I had to take my 2nd glucose test. I passed the 1 hour test a few weeks ago, but they do it again in twin pregnancies just in case. Fingers crossed I hear back this week that I passed! We also talked a little bit more about the delivery where she said she will let me go to 37 or 38 weeks depending on how everything looks!
I see my OB next week and will then see her every 2 weeks. I forget when weekly visits start! I see my MFM at the end of December and then I’ll see him every 2 weeks. So I’ll basically be seeing a doctor every week!