A few weeks ago we had the chance to visit one of our favorite family-friendly places – Branson, Missouri! It’s about a 5 hour drive from St. Louis, Missouri but definitely a fun drive once we get into the Ozarks where the views are beautiful!
We were lucky enough not to have to be squeezed into our small SUV (even though it’s an SUV, it’s definitely on the small side with our large carseat and lots of luggage!). For this road trip, we were able to test drive the 2012 Toyota Sequoia.
We absolutely loved driving the Toyota Sequoia. I have to admit that I was a little nervous to get behind the wheel of the car because it’s just so big, but I quickly was able to get used to it.
Favorite Features of the Toyota Sequoia
– Seating: The Toyota Sequoia seats 8 people, but it’s even roomier than a van! I loved all of the extra space that we had in the car around the seats and in the backseat for our stroller and luggage.
– Entertainment System: When you travel with kids, one of the best things to have in the car is a DVD Player. The Toyota Sequoia came with a DVD Player and a 9 inch display and also 2 wireless headphones.
– Display Navigation: The Toyota Sequoia is definitely a long vehicle which took me awhile to get used to navigating. Luckily, it came with a touch screen navigation display (perfect for traveling!) and it also had a rear backup camera. I fully believe all vehicles should have a rear backup camera!
– Cruise Control: Another favorite option of ours while traveling, we love the cruise control. The best thing about this was if the vehicle sensed you were getting too close to another vehicle, it would automatically slow down for you. This may or may not have happened to us! 😉
– Exterior: It’s just SO pretty. I absolutely love the way that the Toyota Sequoia looks on the outside. It’s a very good looking car and we got compliments from neighbors and friends who were able to check it out.
The only cons that we had for the Toyota Sequoia was of course, the gas mileage. We both drive cars that have good gas mileage and it cost us quite a bit to fill up the car to get to Branson, while we were in Branson and then to get home. That is definitely the one thing I would have to consider for this car! I’m pretty sure all of the other favorite features outweigh it though!
Disclosure: I was selected for participation in the TWIN community through a program with Clever Girls Collective. I did not receive any compensation for writing this post, or payment in exchange for participating. The opinions expressed herein are mine, and do not reflect the views of Toyota.