I saw Chimpanzee in theaters a few months ago and fell in love with this film! So much, I couldn’t wait to bring my husband to the theaters also to see it.
Visually stunning, Chimpanzee is the remarkable story of individual triumph and family bonds. Journey deep into the African forest and meet Oscar, an adorable young chimp with an entertaining approach to life. The world is a playground for little Oscar and his fellow young chimps who love creating mayhem. His playful curiosity and zest for discovery showcase the intelligence and ingenuity of some of the most extraordinary personalities in the animal kingdom.
I fell in love with little Oscar and I found it fascinating to learn more about how the crew was able to film this amazing story. I couldn’t wait until Chimpanzee came out on Blu-ray to see what kind of bonus features it had!
Chimpanzee Bonus Features
• “See ‘Chimpanzee,’ Save Chimpanzees”—This feature details the “See ‘Chimpanzee,’ Save Chimpanzees” conservation program and how for every copy of the film purchased until August 27, 2012, Disneynature will make a donation to JGI to protect chimpanzees today and tomorrow. The feature also includes an interview with Dr. Jane Goodall, DBE, founder of the Jane Goodall Institute and UN Messenger of Peace.
• Disney’s Friends for Change—This feature highlights Disney’s Friends for Change, a program that showcases steps that kids and families can take to make a positive impact on the world and the people and animals that live there.
• Disney’s Conservation Legacy—This feature provides a look at the conservation efforts that Disney sponsors around the world.
• ON LOCATION: THE MAKING OF “CHIMPANZEE” is a series of exciting short features that delve further into the incredible lengths the filmmakers went to tell the story of Oscar and his chimpanzee family.
– 30 Years in the Making—The story of the team of researchers who have been observing chimpanzees in the Ivory Coast for 30 years.
– The Heart of the “Chimpanzee”—A behind-the-scenes look at how and why the film was made.
– Piece of the Puzzle—A cameraman’s two-hour daily trek through the forest to get to the chimpanzees.
– Don’t Blame the Tool—An observation of the chimpanzees’ daily lives and how they use rocks as tools to prepare their food.
– Scar’s Army—An inside look at the struggles between the film’s two rival chimpanzee groups who share the same forest home.
– Camp Invaders—A featurette on all the creepy, crawly creatures found at the filmmakers’ forest camp.
– Forest of Bees—A feature detailing how the crew spent two days wading through a sea of bees that inhabited their filming location in order to capture 20 seconds of footage.
• “Rise” Music Video—A music video featuring Hollywood Records recording artists McClain Sisters who wrote and performed the inspirational song that plays during the film’s end credits.
• Behind the Scenes of “Rise”—An inside look at McClain Sisters music video shoot.
I absolutely loved seeing the “On Location” short features and I know you will too! Thanks to Disney, enter below for a chance to win your own copy!
Win a Chimpanzee Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack!
Disclosure: I received the above product for review purposes only. All thoughts and opinions are my own.