With the kids home from school this week, I’m trying to keep this busy with fun Christmas themed activities. Something we did recently was make a Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Paper Bag Craft!
1 brown paper lunch bag
Hot glue gun
1 black construction paper
1 red construction paper
1 brown construction paper
1 peach or pink construction paper
1 brown patterned piece of scrapbook paper
2 large googly eyes
2 gold adhesive dots
1 large jingle bell
1. For the antlers, draw 2 trees with a thick trunk and branches on the black construction paper and then cut them out with scissors.
2. For the ears, cut out 2 football shapes from the brown piece of construction paper. Next, cut out 2 smaller football shapes from the peach or pink construction paper that will fit inside the brown pieces.
3. For the nose, cut out a large oval shape from your brown specialty scrapbook paper.
4. For the mouth, cut out a half circle shape from the red paper.
5. For the belt, cut out a strip that is 2 inches wide and 5 inches long from the red paper.
1. Place your paper bag on your work space, upside down. The bottom of the bag should be at the top (this will be the reindeers’ face).
2. Apply glue from the glue stick to the back of both googly eyes and affix them up at the top of the bag.
3. Glue the nose right under the eyes. It’s ok that it goes right over the crease in the bag.
4. Take the red mouth and glue it directly underneath the nose. I lifted the bottom part of the nose and slid the top part of the mouth right underneath it and glued it in place.
5. Glue both peach/pink ear pieces on top of each brown ear. Glue each ear at the upper corners of the head.
6. Glue the antlers at the top of the head.
7. Glue the red belt half way down the reindeer bag. Using a hot glue gun, attach the large jingle bell to the middle of the belt. Affix the 2 gold dots to each side of the jingle bell.
Pin it for later!
Have fun with your Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Paper Bag Craft!