I know most people like to have friends and family over in the summer, but I’m all about fall gatherings. I love cooking and baking cozy food and then sitting around the fire pit chatting while the kids run around. So thinking of that, plus all of the game day celebrations, here is a perfect recipe to bring to your next gathering – Rye Bread Party Pizza! These have long been a favorite at family gatherings for as long as I can remember – everyone in my family knows this recipe by heart. I’ve introduced it into my husband’s family for parties and now it’s a hit and a must with them too!
Rye Bread Party Pizzas
– 2 pounds of mild sausage
– 1 pound of processed cheese
– 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 Tablespoon ketchup
– 1 Loaf of cocktail rye bread
– Preheat your electric oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. (If you want to try a pizza oven, you can do that too!)
– In a large skillet, brown ground beef and sausage under medium-high heat. Drain and set aside.
– In a large pot, heat processed cheese until melted.
– Add Worcestershire sauce and ketchup to cheese, mix together.
– Add sausage and ground beef mixture to cheese.
– Spoon the mixture on each slice of rye cocktail bread.
– Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
12/2017 Update – I’ve decided to make the recipe using 2 pounds of ground sausage instead of 1 pound of sausage and 1 pound of ground beef. It’s totally a personal preference – let me know what kind you make!
Do you have any must-have food at your gatherings?