It seems like I’m always on the lookout for new dinner ideas. I belong to a few Facebook groups for meal ideas and I’m always browsing Pinterest and blogs to see if there is anything I can add to my menu plan. I’m looking for a meal that is easy to make but a little bit different that the traditional chicken dish or meatloaf. We get bored with the same old meals so it’s always good to introduce something new into our rotation. Enter the Southwest Tortilla Chicken Salad!
I love salads, especially the big filling kind. We hardly ever have salads for dinner though because I’ve never known how to make one that can rival one I would order in a restaurant. Until now. This Southwest Tortilla Chicken Salad is SO good. So filling. And just full of deliciousness. The secret is the chicken – it’s what really makes the salad. And that is thanks to The Good Table®, a new product line of gourmet-style sauce and crust mixes to help you to easily enhance your dinners.
I found it when I was doing my weekly grocery shopping at Walmart – it’s next to the bread crumbs. I had a hard time deciding which one to try but the Southwest Tortilla mix was calling my name and I couldn’t wait to try it out.
My husband was thrilled that I was making something new and I was excited with out how easy it is to make. Upon opening the package, I poured the sauce in one bowl and the crust mix in another. Place the chicken in the sauce, then place the chicken in the crust mix, making sure it’s completely coated. Once that was done, I just put it in the oven to bake while I got busy getting the rest of the salad ready.
- Romaine Lettuce
- Black Beans
- Tortilla Strips
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Chicken Tenders, 4-6
- Southwest Tortilla Mix from The Good Table®
- Ranch Dressing – I found a really good one with lime in it!
- Using the Southwest Tortilla Mix from The Good Table®, first coat the chicken with the sauce and then coat it with the mix. Place the chicken on a baking pan and cook for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- While that is cooking, place the romaine lettuce in a large bowl. Add corn, black beans, shredded cheese and tortilla strips on top. You can add any additional ingredients like peppers, avocado…whatever you like in your salad!
- Once the chicken is done, place on top of the salad.
- Drizzle with your choice of dressing and enjoy!
This salad was so good and as I mentioned earlier, filling. The Southwest Tortilla mix on the chicken is what made the salad. It had a good kick and spice to it and both my husband and I were wanting MORE chicken in our salad! I actually feel like this was a restaurant quality salad that I could serve to family and friends when they come over!
What I’m loving about these mixes from The Good Table® is that they are made with ingredients you can feel good about, and do not contain MSG, artificial flavors, artificial colors or high fructose corn syrup. Plus, it just helps make dinner easy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills®. The opinions and text are all mine.