Sure, you can buy a packet of hot chocolate to make in the microwave but making stove top hot chocolate is just as easy – and it tastes WAY better! Here’s my favorite recipe for making stove top hot chocolate. Make a cup, pop some popcorn and curl up on the couch to watch a movie!
Stove Top Hot Chocolate
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
4 ounces white chocolate chips
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Large pot or slow cooker
1. Add 4oz of white chocolate chips to the bottom of your pot.
2. Mix in 2 cups of whole milk and 1 cup of heavy cream.
3. Mix in the vanilla extract and cocoa powder.
4. Heat on medium heat until the chocolate chips have melted and most of the cocoa powder has mixed in.
5. Pour through a strainer into a pitcher to sift out any cocoa powder residue.
6. Pour back into your pot and use a ladle to scoop into a cup and serve with marshmallows and chocolate syrup.
Slow cooker: Add all ingredients to pot and cook on high for 1.5 hours.
Such an easy and delicious recipe to make! I hope you try ditching the hot chocolate packets to try and make stove top hot chocolate!