The Tangled movie is one of my favorite Disney movies! I could watch it over and over again so when I heard there was going to be a Tangled series on the Disney Channel, I was SO excited! Tangled: The Series premieres on March 24th at 7:30pm EST.
Set between the stories told in Walt Disney Animation Studios’ acclaimed film “Tangled” and its short film “Tangled Ever After,” this visually vibrant animated adventure/comedy series unfolds as Rapunzel acquaints herself with her parents, her kingdom and the people of Corona. Her irrepressible spirit and natural curiosity about the world lead her to realize that there is so much more she needs to learn before she can accept her royal destiny. So, she boldly puts her coronation on hold to instead seek epic adventures, much to the dismay of the king who, after missing out on Rapunzel’s youth, must accept that his daughter is now an independent young woman. But when her long blonde hair suddenly grows back, she must accept its magical qualities and all that it represents. Accompanying Rapunzel on her journey are Eugene (FKA Flynn Rider); her loyal chameleon sidekick, Pascal; her no-nonsense, dutiful horse, Maximus; the Snuggly Duckling Pub Thugs; and newcomer Cassandra, a tough-as-nails lady-in-waiting who becomes Rapunzel’s confidante.
I knew that I had to make something fun for us to snack on while we watched the premiere of Tangled: The Series and that’s when I came up with these Frying Pan Oreos! (Who knew, right?!?) These are so fun to serve up at a Tangled party or while watching the show.
Frying Pan Oreos
1. Add the Wilton black candy melts to a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 45-50 seconds. Stir until completely melted and smooth. You can also use the Wilton Melting Pot which I love!
2. Pour the melted black candy into each part of the cookie mold – I used a tablespoon.
3. Place an Oreo cookie in each mold, on top of the melted chocolate.
4. Use your spoon to pour additional melted chocolate on top of each cookie, all the way up to the fill line. Set aside the remaining melted chocolate to use later for the frying pan handle.
5. Chill the cookies in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
6. Place wax paper on a cookie sheet. Pop each cookie (be careful!) out of its mold and place on the lined cookie sheet. Flip over – the cookie mold actually gives a natural edge that looks like a frying pan. You can also use black icing gel to draw around the cookie for a frying pan edge to give it depth.
7. Heat up the melted chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Dip the end of a Honey Maid Chocolate Dipper in the chocolate and then quickly attach to the oreo to act as a handle of the frying pan. You may have to hold it for a bit as it hardens. I decided not to completely melt the dippers to give the cookies a little bit of depth and not make it all black.
Are you excited for Tangled: The Series?!