There are many reasons why people resort to makeup and skincare. One of the primary considerations is that not everyone is born with perfect skin, and there are times when your face needs help to look great. Applying makeup and cosmetics may allow you to look good for the time being, but skincare will help ensure long-term beauty.
Here are some of the tricks that you can do to improve your facial features:
1. Double-cleanse before applying any makeup
Perhaps the most critical beauty trick you can learn is the art of double cleansing. Koreans introduced this method to make sure that there are no extra sebum, dirt, and makeup left on your skin. If you’re in a hurry, you can simply use Tony Moly’s The Chok Chok Green Tea no-wash Water Cleanser. If you want to know more about it, click here.
2. Conceal only the darkest parts of your face
There’s a misconception that you should apply concealer to every single imperfection on your face. Some people treat concealers like a wonder wand that removes flaws. Unless you’re wearing makeup for a formal event, you should only apply concealer to the darkest areas. For example, instead of using concealer on your entire undereye, you should only put concealer where it’s darkest.
3. Set your lipstick
Lipsticks tend to smudge, fade, and smear during the day. To prevent such things from happening, you should try to fix your lip color with translucent powder. However, you shouldn’t put the powder directly on your lips, or else you’ll have blotchy lipstick, which is the opposite of what you’re going for.
Here are the steps to setting your lipstick:
- Take a clean tissue and dab a bit of powder on it
- Tap off excess powder
- Place the powdered tissue between your lips and close it gently, purposely getting your lipstick in contact with the powder
4. Puppy eyes trend
A lot of people love the well-known Korean puppy eyes method. It’s a technique that uses a different angle to frame the eyes. You do this eyeliner style by having the tip of your eyeliner drawn downwards instead of upwards like cat-eye. The technique makes your eyes look rounder and fuller.
5. Fuller lashes without extension
Eyelashes make you look naturally more beautiful, which is why people invented eyelash extensions. Most eyelash extensions appear unnatural, and they often prove troublesome to eyewear. If you want to have thicker-looking lashes without wearing any extensions, you can check out this simple method.
Here are the steps on how to achieve this look:
- Take one old mascara brush and dip put powder over it. Set aside.
- Dip your mascara wand and apply mascara starting from the roots to the tips of your lashes
- Once the mascara is dry, use the powder-laden brush gently on top of the lashes with mascara
- Bat your eyelids once to tap off excess powder
- Reapply your mascara with more emphasis on the tips for the illusion of longer lashes
- Repeat the process until you achieve your desired lashes thickness
6. Make your lip shape last longer with lip liner
One of the best beauty tips is using the lip liner to define your lip shape. In selecting the right lip liner, you should choose one that’s a shade darker than your natural lip color. This trick gives the illusion that your lip liner is a natural outline of your mouth. In choosing a lipstick color, choose one that’s a bit brighter than your lip liner shade.
7. Use highlighter for fuller lips
There are instances when using lipgloss is not advisable. During those moments, you can substitute your lip gloss with a highlighter. Apply a thin highlight on the cupids bow and the middle of your bottom lip. The highlighter will act as a light reflector, and it will give the illusion of poutier and fuller lips.
Beauty tricks don’t have to be complicated or expensive. There are looks that you can easily accomplish using the products and techniques. You can do any of the methods mentioned above, even if you’re just a beginner at doing makeup and skincare. Who knows? After some time, you’ll be able to come up with unique and better beauty tricks of your own.