When you strain your back or neck, your first instinct usually tells you to rest or apply an ice pack to the affected area. The thing with lower back pain is it can affect everyone. In fact, 8 out of 10 adults have experienced lower back pain throughout their lives. However, you may find it fascinating that persistent and consistent spinal and neck pain could influence your overall health. There is a chance that you might be suffering from a health condition that can easily be relieved with a chiropractor. We have narrowed the top common signs that clearly indicate it is time to schedule an appointment with your chiropractor for back pain relief.
- Pain isn’t generated from soft tissue but from hard tissue: We as laymen don’t classify pain into categories but for ease of treatment, the medical industry has done so to make sure the patients get the right treatment. If the pain is caused by injury to soft tissues (like the muscles), it is often treated effectively through massage therapy, but pain generated from hard tissue(such as the spine and joints) is more likely to require spinal manipulation and/or other techniques best performed by a well-trained Spokane chiropractor. The tightness and sharp shooting pain that is caused by spinal misalignment isn’t easily relieved through massage alone and requires immediate attention from a chiropractor to relieve you from pain.
- Have a limited range of motion: If you are struggling to do even simple activities such as putting on your shoes or picking up a basket of laundry, it’s time for you to visit a chiropractor. Sometimes consistent pain reduces the flexibility in our body. Chiropractic adjustments realign the bones and joints to relieve you from pain and thus, increasing the body’s range of motion.
- You suffer from frequent headaches: If you are finding yourself popping up pills, then stop doing so. There are other methods to relieve yourself from headaches or stress such as Yoga, relaxing, and eating well but other times it requires chiropractic attention as neck and spinal pain could be causing you to face severe headaches.
- You have pinched nerves: For those who aren’t familiar with the term, a pinched nerve feels like a sharp pain that worsens with certain movement and involves numbness and prickling sensation. A pinched nerve is caused by bone that’s intruding into space occupied by the nerve. Here a chiropractor will identify the location of the pinched nerve and reposition the bone to ease tension on the nerve.
- Heat, massage therapy, and other treatments have failed to provide adequate relief: Booking an appointment with a chiropractor isn’t everybody’s first instinct as some like to go through other treatments such as heat and massage therapy for some pain relief. If you too have done so and are still in enough pain that your daily life is getting impacted then you must visit Chiropractor once. A well-trained Spokane chiropractor will work holistically by giving you massage therapy, dry needling, and other treatment options along with chiropractic treatment.
It is seen that for many patients suffering from lower back pain, accepting that chiropractic treatment is needed and booking the first appointment is far more difficult than following the treatment over time. They will try to do every possible thing to delay the visit to a chiropractor from trying out massage therapy to sleeping well. These remedies seem relaxing at first and even hint that the condition that is causing back pain is less severe but that form of treatment might not be enough. Experts believe that one shouldn’t wait until the pain becomes unbearable and facing the problem is no longer an option.