Whether traveling for business, school, or fun, an insurance cover takes care of all risks associated with the journey from your country to your final destination. You need not worry about losses or damages incurred with an insurance cover. The insurance company handles your concerns, giving you a seamless journey.
Travel insurance covers different kinds of risks while on a journey. It covers baggage loss, medical expenses, flight reschedule/cancellation, emergency evacuation, dental treatment relief, etc. The insurance policy/plan covers students and family members, and business typhoons who regularly make long trips in and out of the country.
Types of Travel Insurance Policy
As earlier stated, a travel insurance policy cuts all categories of individuals, businessmen/women, students, families, etc. So no matter your trip, you have an insurance policy that covers you to make your journey easy.
Single Trip Travel Insurance Policy
This insurance policy is meant for a single journey, a one-off trip. If you’re the type that travels twice or more in a year, this offer may not be too convenient for you. It’s advisable to buy an annual travel insurance policy than two single trip policies. If you travel just once a year, then a travel insurance policy for a single trip may be fine.
Group Travel Insurance Policy
This policy covers 10 or more people going on a journey as a group. It allows more people to purchase one travel insurance policy that covers them for a whole trip. So if you’re planning a picnic, get-together, or a large family reunion, the insurance policy here covers everyone.
The Group travel insurance policy is much more cost-effective compared to the benefit of a single trip policy, only that it’s based on the age of each traveler. This means it is cost-effectiveness is per an individual traveler.
Multi-Trip Travel Insurance Policy
The multi-trip travel insurance policy is meant for frequent travelers, especially traveling on business trips. This policy is cost-effective and economical for constant travelers, always on the move to a particular destination.
A multi-trip travel insurance policy protects for multiple times in one calendar year, starting when you get a quote or purchase coverage. So, this policy covers risks associated with numerous travels for business people and entrepreneurs, and you can travel with a rest assured mind while pursuing your business.
However, this insurance policy may not cover the transportation of goods purchased while on your business trip to your country of residence? That’s why you need a reliable and trustworthy freight forwarder to handle all your concerns with little or no risk.
ZGGSHIP is a China freight forwarding company shipping goods from China to anywhere in the world. As a leading international company, solutions and services are provided in international air transport, express delivery, railways, ocean shipping, customs clearance, end-to-end logistics, etc. With 11 years of experience as a freight forwarder, ZGGSHIP satisfies over 20,000 clients and more.
How to Have a Seamless Journey with Travel Insurance Policy
Whether traveling for pleasure or business, the journey doesn’t always look easy to get by. Flights could get delayed or canceled, baggage missing, business meetings postponed, etc. With all these unforeseen challenges, the journey can be a tiring one.
That’s why a travel insurance policy is inevitable, making your experience painless. It takes the risk off your neck and makes the journey easy. To have a seamless journey, you need to take note of the following before purchasing a travel insurance policy.
- Coverage: Check what the policy covers. Be sure it covers all losses arising on the journey and most common situations such as medical emergencies, COVID-19, etc.
- Claim Process: Choose a policy provider that offers a seamless and effective claim settlement. Some today provide cashless claim settlements. Be ready to read about your insurers before making a move.
- Expensive items: Most travel insurance policies do not cover costly items such as jewelry, gadgets, and sports adventure items. If you need to travel with these things, do well to find out from your insurers and purchase add-on covers.
- Declare any existing medical situation: You’re expected to uncover any pre-existing medical concerns you may have before buying the policy, so your policy won’t be void when discovered later.
When to Make a Travel Insurance Plan
The best time to make a travel insurance plan or purchase a policy is 15 days from the day you booked your travel trip or from the day you made your first deposits. And as the day of your departure gets closer, you can make more deposits and include some more important things in your plan.
Also, purchasing your plan on time allows you to cancel if need be and recover any financial losses. Though you might not regain all, a greater percentage will be returned to you.
How Much Does a Travel Insurance Cost?
A travel insurance policy/plan is between 4% to 12% of your travel expenses. A more expensive trip would cost more because of what the company will have to pay back if the trip is canceled. However, cost varies depending on the following;
- The number of people included in your travel plan.
- The coverage/plan you choose. A basic health insurance coverage/plan costs less, although there are different levels of coverage costing differently.
- Your age is a determinant factor in your travel insurance cost. Individuals over 65 usually pay more for plans because of the high claim settlement. Meanwhile, young children can be added to your travel insurance plan with little or no cost.
- A trip of 30 days with the same plan and amount will cost more than a trip of a week or couple of days.
- Some companies consider your destination and the risk involved before issuing travel insurance cost plans.
A seamless journey is very much possible when you choose the right travel insurance plan from a reputable and reliable travel agency. Do well to conduct thorough research online and visit the company to have a comprehensive understanding of how they operate. It will help you make a stressless journey!