We all have to work in some way or another in order to earn the money we need to have a reasonable lifestyle and when we do get some time of our own, there are many different ways that people derive their enjoyment and pleasure.
Here are a few classic examples of how people spend their downtime in 2023.
- Online casinos – Everyone likes to spend some time playing online slot machines with life-changing jackpots and when you sign up as a new player, expect to get lots of free bets and sins on the slots. All online casinos are striving to get new players and they offer some mouth-watering free gifts to woo you in as a player. Do your research before registering and you are sure to enjoy the online casino experience.
- Short stay resorts – Now that the world has reopened, many people are taking short holidays to tropical destinations and who could blame them? Air fares are coming down in price and people don’t need much encouragement after 3 years without travelling. Take a look online at 3–4-day holiday packages at 5-star resorts and you might be pleasantly surprised.
- Podcasts – Millions of people love nothing more than listening to a Joe Rogan podcast while relaxing or doing the gardening. If you invest in a set of Bluetooth headphones, you can listen to your favourite podcast when relaxing at home. We predict that podcasts and audio books are going to increase in popularity over the next 2 years, as people look for more stimulation in their content.
- Pay per view sports – While attending sporting events is definitely not on the wane, there is a growing number of people who watch pay per view sporting events. Boxing, MMA, American football, Premier League soccer, F1, MotoGP and all the major tennis tournaments are available on pay per view. Click here for a few home improvement tips.
- Music concerts – Most are fully booked, either outdoor or indoor and young people love to attend pop concerts. Of course, entertainment events were largely cancelled for a few years, which means a high demand this year. People are spending less on cinema tickets, preferring online content, which is available 24/7.
- Working out – There is a global trend for fitness, you only have to see the many gyms in every city to know that this is correct. People are feeling healthier thanks to the ability to use their local gym, while others have their own gym at home. Playing sports is another popular way for people to spend their weekends, with training mid-week.
- Socialising – Of course, there is always a busy nightlife wherever you happen to live; there’s a lot to be said for enjoying a few beers with your friends and if you are into dancing, check out the exclusive clubs.
There is a general shift to digital platforms and this is likely to continue, as we get ready for web3.0, which will be called the Metaverse.