I love to cook… and use cookware at least once or twice daily! We consume our fair share of scrambled eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches, chicken and of course stir-fry! That’s why it’s so important to me that what I am cooking on is safe for my family! I was so excited when I received the opportunity to try the 9″ Flair Non-Stick Skillet from Xtrema.
Why is Xtrema cookware a healthy choice for your family?
You don’t want to make your family healthy food, but in the process cook harmful trace metals into it. Or have chemicals from your cooking surface leach into the food. The cooking surface on Xtrema’s cookware contains no harmful PTFE coating and it also does not produce harmful PFOA gas which can occur with petroleum based non-stick coatings.
Xtrema cookware is coated with a thermoplastic coating that contains no trace metals or chemicals. According to the Xtrema website, this creates a “durable, safe and healthy” surface to cook your family’s meals on!
What are the other benefits of Xtrema cookware?
- It’s GREEN! The cookware is handmade using natural gas, clay and water!
- Get as hot as you want! Cookware can withstand 2700 F, Steel can melt at 2200 F.
- Another of my FAVORITE benefits? SO easy to clean! They are non-Scratch, Non-Toxic Ceramic Glaze Surface.
- It’s about as versatile as cookware gets! Oven, Stovetop, Broiler, Freezer, Barbeque Grill, Microwave Oven, Dishwasher and it’s attractive enough for the Dining Room Table!
- Foods Stay Hotter Longer
- Ceramic Far Infrared Cooking Enhances the Food Flavor and the Entire Cooking Experience
- And you don’t have to threaten the whole family to be careful of what utensils they use in it. The cooking Surface cannot be Scratched, even by Metal Utensils and Industrial Steel Wool!
The first thing that I noticed was how well the skillet was made. Solid feeling, but yet not super heavy. The finish is smooth and really pretty looking. The skillet is a unique diamond shape with rounded edges that give it a very “finished” look. The enclosed bright red handle pot holder fit securely on the handle-no moving or sliding.
What better than a delicious batch of crepes to test the evenness of heat and the non-stick quality! My first few crepes did show me that the skillet took a few minutes to achieve a uniform heat across the bottom of the pan. But after that time-the skillet cooked those thin crepes wonderfully! It cooked fast and even. I experimented by turning the heat up to a higher temperature, and the crepes turned a bit more golden and cooked really fast. I suppose I should also add that I used absolutely no butter, oil or spray!
Another great thing is the crepes absolutely fell out of the pan! The non-stick coating worked perfectly! And because of this, clean up was incredibly easy. A bit of soap on a washcloth and a rinse. It was done within one minute!
Since that very delicious Saturday morning, I have also cooked broccoli, tofu, scrambled eggs and chicken on the Flair Skillet. I love that I don’t have to use any butter or oil. It cooks the food fast, evenly and SAFELY! This is definitely my new go-to pan!
The 9″ Flair Skillet from Xtrema sells for $109.99 with free shipping! To stay up-to-date on all the newest items and current deals visit the Xtrema Facebook page.
Xtrema is generously giving one very lucky Sippy Cup Mom reader a 9″ Flair Skillet of their own! Enter below:
Disclaimer: I received a 9″ Flair Skillet from Xtrema to facilitate my review. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are honest and my own.