General Mills sponsored this post, but the opinions are my own.
We’re now halfway through the month of January and into the second semester of school. I don’t know about you, but I like to look back on that first semester of school for my kids and then think about what I could do better for the second half of the school year. How can I get more organized, what can I do to make the mornings go smoother, how can I make homework time easier for my kids?
One thing I’m doing is making sure our mornings run smoothly. A good morning can make or break your day and I like to make sure I’m sending my kids off to school prepared to have a great day. This means I’m doing a few things:
- Setting out clothes the night before for all of the kids
- Putting together lunches the night before and storing in the fridge
- Cleaning the coffee pot and filling with water and coffee grounds at night so I just have to press the on button in the morning
- Serving up a delicious and filling breakfast for the kids AND myself (I tend to skip breakfast so much but it’s one of my 2018 resolutions to enjoy breakfast!)
We found Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shreds at our local Walmart and it’s a huge hit for every member of our family. My kids love regular Cinnamon Toast Crunch but with the Shreds, it’s on a whole other level. We love the combination of cinnamon and sugar added to shredded wheat – which by the way, whole grain is the 1st ingredient in the cereal! Served up with some fruit, we are all enjoying this filling and fun breakfast!
General Mills Cereal at Walmart
In addition to Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shreds, there are some other fun, new varieties of General Mills cereal at Walmart.
- Lucky Charms Frosted Flakes
- Banana Nut Cheerios
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Shreds
Be sure to check out the new merchandise offer! Buy 5 items, scan your receipt with the Box Tops Bonus App and earn 50 Bonus Box Tops! Help earn cash for your kid’s school!
If you’re looking to make your mornings a bit more smooth, make sure to slow down and enjoy breakfast. I know it will make your kids – and yours! – day go a lot better!